Grand Concours update:
We now have a dedicated mailing list for teachers who participate - or are considering participation - in the Grand Concours !
- This is separate from the Chapter's general list - for all other updates, please sign up here.
- Click the link below to make sure you get all the updates and critical information this fall and spring.
MAKE SURE you receive a confirmation email.
- It is often the case that School/District Online Security filters out mailing lists.
- If this is the case, you will need to register again with an alternate email address.
New Facebook Discussion Forum !!
We have a Facebook Group under our Page, just for the Grand Concours - you can talk to other teachers and administrators any time of the year, right in Facebook !! Click to join:
- Results are available and medals have been mailed.
- If you have not received your materials, please email MelanieSwitlik@my.unt.edu.
- If you would like to see the overall statistics from the whole country, visit the results website.
Le Grand Concours National French Contest
The National French Contest/Le Grand Concours is an annual competition sponsored by the American Association of Teachers of French.
Students of French in grades 1-12, in all 50 states and abroad, take a written test and compete against students with similar educational background for prizes. Grades 1-6 participate in the FLES Contest. Grades 7-12 in the Secondary Contest.
Students enter via their French teacher. All students are eligible -- home school parents or private tutors can request information on participation from the nearest Chapter Administrator. Students of non-AATF members are also welcome to participate.
Registration for the Spring 2018 test is complete.
Information for the spring 2019 test will be available in Fall 2018.
Step 1: Store Account
In order to register for the Grand Concours in Spring 2018 you will need your Membership ID number first.
You will then create a NEW Grand Concours Store account. It is NOT saved from last year because AATF will verify your membership status each year you participate.
Step 2: Place An order
Please watch this short video before ordering. There are several important things you must know before placing your order to make sure everything goes smoothly.
Our Chapter Fees are $1.50 per test, making the member rate $5 per test.
Online Test Administration
Online Administration Overview
Please view this video to see how to access the contest site, see the review materials for your students, and launch the test for your students.
This includes how to substitute students, change student passwords, etc.
Specific information on how to navigate activation of the online version of the test.
Student Login Retrieval
If for some reason, you no longer have the logins and passwords of your students, you can retrieve them from the website.
Watch this video to see how to get that information quickly and easily.